Thursday, March 20, 2014

Project 12: My cat Marble

My Cat
This semester we are really being pressed for time when it comes to projects so I decided to get something quick done. I decided to do a small portrait of my cat and started by taking a bunch of pictures of him.
I really liked the last picture because of the detail in the fur that you could see even with my iphone camera. It was a really nice angle so I started to free hand the outline and used short strokes with prisma colors to do the hair. When I made my animal lady I had to use this technique multiple times for multiple animals so I was very used to drawing fur. Two hours later and...


This is the result. I'm OK with the end project but I wish I had spent more time on it. if I were to do it again I would take more time to pay attention to detail and do it on a larger scale or with sharper pencils so I could make it more realistic. I would also probably use a different color paper because white isn't always the best when working with fur. But overall, it's a cute little project in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment